Xtreamer 2.0.1 release notes(from v2.0.1)
1. Arabic missing character and character gap fixed.
2. Hebrew subtitle direction fixed.
3. Korean & Chinese & Japanese broken character fixed.
4. Xtreamer crash when Internet radio connect to wrong address/url.
5. NAS mode changed from “Go to Player” to “Reboot”.
6. Photo thumbnail changed from 5x4 to 4x3 matrix and size increased.
7. Subtitle offset lowest position changed to -50 from 0.
8. Preview playback starts from randomly 0~1/3 (before from 0~2/3)
9. When Movie preview is off, during movie playback, incorrect display of repeat icon removed from information window.
10. Display purple color on HDMI TV.
Download and installation instructions
To upgrade the firmware from a 1** version please:
1. Download the file.
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory).
3. Copy your file to a USB memory stick and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer and navigate to the SETTINGS menu of your Xtreamer.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer containing the firmware update file.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend to upgrade the firmware via your network shared folders, as a loss in connection to the network could cause a break in the firmware upgrade process.
7. Once you have located the file, highlight the file and press ENTER on your remote to begin the upgrade process.
8. The Xtreamer will reboot and the process will be done in matter of few minutes. Once done the Xtreamer will reboot itself.
9. After the process is finished, you may want to do a RESTORE DEFAULT in the SETTINGS menu.
** CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE XTREAMER DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **
Emergency firmware download and installation instructions
Download Emergency Procedure 2.0.1 here.
Emergency Firmware Procedure:
Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery - Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.
(1) Download the file Xtreamer Emergency
(2) Extract the file install.img (120 mb)
(3) Copy the “install.img” file to the root of the USB flash memory or HDD inside Xtreamer.
(4) Take out the unit out of the electricty power on the wall. wait 10 sec. Bring it back to the power
(5) In Remote control, press “Home” -> “3” -> “Power” not any other sequence.
No need to use power first. Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first...Keep it pressed + press 3 + press power until you see the process starts.
If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.
Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.
Please note : After “intro” screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.