Emergency firmware download and installation instructions
Download the emergency firmware HERE
Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery - Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.
(1) Download the Xtreamer Emergency file
(2) Extract the file install_pro.img
(3) Format a USB stick FAT32 and copy the “install.img” file to the root.
(4) Disconnect all the cables, remove WIFI antenna and any other USB storage devices. Take the unit out of the electricty power on the wall for 30 minutes. Plug the power in again.
(5) In Remote control, press “Home”(release button) -> “3”(release button) -> “Power”(release button). Press the buttons with a 1 sec pause.
Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first...
If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.
Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.
Please note : After “intro” screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.
It might be necessary to run the procedure several times. If you are not successful you may need to use another USB stick.