What's new in this firmware?
Full control functionality (like media library) for online playback
- Users can see full info, can skip +30 Sec/+3 min (http only), can zoom dynamically or can use subtitle for online playback
1. DTS5.1 and Dolby Digital can be supported SPDIF audio output without "HDMI AUDIO" Setting
Audio HDMI Audio Digital Output SPDIF output
DTS5.1 ON DTS/Dolby TrueHD/DolbyD+ DTS
Dolby Digital5.1 ON DTS/Dolby TrueHD/DolbyD+ Dolby Digital
2. Resume playback control function added
- From “Settings->Playback->Resume Play” user can choose “Never/Ask Me/Always”
- “Never”-> Never resume playback, “Ask Me”-> Will ask for Resume playback, “Always” -> will always resume playback without asking
3. Now “Auto Upgrade” function will work for both “/sda” and “/sda1”
4. Default DNS changed to 220.127.116.11 (Google DNS) to improve YouTube streaming
[Note: to get new DNS effective must do “Restore Default” after Firmware upgrade]
5. HDMI compatibility (for pink display and noise and etc)
- Please change “Settings->HDMI Compatibility Set” and “Settings->HDMI Chroma Sub-Sampling Set” values
6. “Setting->System->Lock Folder Displaying” changed to “Setting->System->Hide Locked Folder->Yes/No”
7. Internet channels updated and replaced missing images
8. 180 Minutes (3 hour), 240 Minutes (4 hour) and 300 Minutes (5 hour) values added to Power Off Timer
1. Spindown function always on if spindown set off and reboot
2. Fan speed value for Medium has been reduced as it caused noise (for Xtreamer Pro only)
3. Manual setting of Fan Speed don’t works (for Xtreamer Pro only)
4. Some “Smi” subtitle can’t detect in multi lingual subtitle
5. During playback MKV file with external subtitle (SSA or AAS) if “Next” button pressed, system crashes
6. Internal subtitle can’t display correctly in subtitle popup menu
7. “HDMI auto-> off” remains on after reboot
8. Fan speed manual setting default value jumps to 130 from 100 when “Down” button pressed and can’t set below 130
9. Flac file including cover art can’t play (can only play for the first time)
Download and installation instructions
You can use online update or download the file here - http://download.xtreamer.net/Firmware/Xtreamer-Pro_2.4.1.zip
1. Download the file
2. Save the file on your computer (any directory) and unzip\unrar the firmware file.
3. Copy XTR file to a USB memory stick (formatted FAT32) and use the USB host port on your Xtreamer.
3. Turn on your Xtreamer and navigate to the SETTINGS -> SYSTEM menu options.
4. Find and select the FIRMWARE UPGRADE option
5. Navigate to the USB memory attached to your Xtreamer containing the firmware update file.
PLEASE NOTE: We do not recommend to upgrade the firmware via your network shared folders, as a loss in connection to the network could cause a break in the firmware upgrade process.
7. Once you have located the file, highlight the file and press ENTER on your remote to begin the upgrade process.
8. The Xtreamer will reboot and the process will be done in matter of few minutes. Once done the Xtreamer will reboot itself.
9. After the process is finished, you may want to do a RESTORE DEFAULT in the SETTINGS menu.
** CAUTION: DO NOT POWER-OFF THE XTREAMER DURING THE FIRMWARE UPGRADE PROCESS **
Emergency firmware download and installation instructions
Before starting the procedure of emergency recovery - Please make sure you are using the AV RCA cables and not HDMI. Some TV HDCP protocols may cause problem to show the procedure on TV.
(1) Download the Xtreamer Emergency file
(2) Extract the file install_pro.img
(3) Format a USB stick FAT32 and copy the “install.img” file to the root.
(4) Disconnect all the cables, remove WIFI antenna and any other USB storage devices. Take the unit out of the electricty power on the wall for 30 minutes. Plug the power in again.
(5) In Remote control, press “Home”(release button) -> “3”(release button) -> “Power”(release button). Press the buttons with a 1 sec pause.
Any other sequence will fail and nothing will happen as the call for this procedure is initiated by HOME button pressed first...
If the firmware is not in the root of the USB the process will fail as the process seek the .img in the USB root.
Process Emergency upgrade should be visible on the screen if done correct.
Please note : After “intro” screen, if system boots without further update procedure, re-try emergency firmware update while powering-off the unit. It means you did not do it in the correct way. PRESS the HOME first and after 3 and after POWER while the unit is OFF.
It might be necessary to run the procedure several times. If you are not successful you may need to use another USB stick.